Vehicle / Car Accident Lawyer
Whether in a car, on a motorcycle, or in a truck, Americans have relied on motor vehicles from the time that Henry Ford’s assembly lines began rolling them out to us. Our love affair with vehicles, however, can have a devastating and unfortunate downside.
A daily commute or a pleasant weekend drive can end abruptly when another driver makes a careless mistake. After a car accident, you may be wondering what your options are if you are injured. An experienced lawyer can explain the complex legal process after a motor vehicle accident and help protect your rights.
Rater Law office is dedicated to helping victims of vehicle accidents throughout the states of Iowa and Nebraska. Auto accident cases represented by experienced lawyers result in greater settlements for victims. Shouldn’t you be doing what you can to protect and provide for your family?
In any motor vehicle collision, the period immediately after the crash is critical. Prompt investigations can capture accurate explanations of what happened and prevent evidence from being lost or destroyed. Mark Rater will gather facts and evidence from the scene as soon as possible to help create a comprehensive picture of what happened. If you have been injured in an automobile, truck, or motorcycle accident there are several things you need to do:
- Call for emergency response, if necessary.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Obtain the I.D. and insurance information from the person responsible for the accident.
- Get contact information from other vehicle occupants and witnesses.
- Take pictures of your injuries, the vehicle, and the scene of the accident.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor for evaluation of non-emergency injuries, including those that develop after the date of accident.
- Continue with recommended medical treatment plan until your doctor says you have reached “maximum medical improvement” or MMI.
If at any point in this process you have questions, feel you are not being treated fairly, or are asked to give a statement to an insurance company, call Mark Rater for a free consultation. Hopefully your injuries will heal and there will be no need to go any further. Sometimes, however, injuries do not heal, and you are unable to get the answers and compensation you deserve on your own. Years of experience representing cases like yours gives Mark Rater the knowledge to advise you when to settle and when to go to trial. Insurance companies are in the business of protecting themselves, not you. Mark will aggressively defend your rights, ensure your interests are protected, and make sure you are fairly compensated for your losses.
Contact us for a confidential and secure consultation.
Rater Law Office
221 S Main St, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Phone: (712) 323-3266